Friday, April 9, 2010

Starting Out....February 2010

Main Garden
So I wanted to start at the beginning so I can show you the progress we've made as we go.  As you can see, things started out pretty rough!  I never cleared out last year's garden and everything was overgrown and gross.



Yes, I am totally ashamed to admit I didn't clear out the garden in the fall.  What a mess!  There is standing water that has turned green and mossy.  It was horrible!  

Kitchen Garden Bed
When Mom & Dad bought the house, someone had already built this little raised garden bed.  I think maybe it was a kitchen/herb garden.  It was completely overgrown with grass and weeds.  There were huge rocks in the soil.  We laid a tarp over it, hoping to kill some of the weeds and make them easier to pull.



Preparation:
We wanted to eliminate some of these problems this year, so we are starting a raised bed garden.  After sitting down with Johnathan and working out how many beds we would need as well as where they would go,  we were ready to buy the materials.  OK, so a few boards isn't that impressive, but we were SO EXCITED!




No comments:

Post a Comment